Blocks are a great way to customize your pages. There are number of different blocks that can be used in a variety of functions. In this article we’ll go over the different types of blocks.
NOTE: Currently, blocks are only available on a course sales page, thank you page, and custom pages.
Course Hero Header Block
To edit your course’s header background in the Course Hero Header block, click the Add Background button.
NOTE: The recommended header background image size is 1440x780px (JPG, PNG).
Then you can add an image by:
- Choosing from a variety of presets
- Uploading your own image from your computer
- Searching for images on the Web
- Linking to an image on the Web
- Uploading a file from an FTP
- Uploading an image from Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive
After choosing a header image, click Upload.
Once your header image is uploaded, you can adjust the Overlay by moving the slider left (for a lighter effect) or right (for a darker effect). In the future, you can Replace your image with a new one or Reset it to bring it back to default.
Video Embed Block
The Video Embed block allows you to embed a video into your page. School owners can use video blocks to advertise their course, create a post-purchase upsell, etc.
Click the Add Video button and use the filepicker to select the video you would like to embed. You can also fill out the Headline and Description text fields to give more information about the video.
Coupon Banner Block
Users who visit your page with a valid coupon code in the URL can see coupon banners. You can’t customize this block, but you can delete it by clicking the red trash icon.
Course Description Block
You can add a description to your page by clicking inside the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) area of the rich text editor. This means that what you type, and how you format the text, is exactly how it will appear on your page. Similar to Word, WordPress, and Gmail, you can format your text any way you like. You can add images, customize font colors and sizes, insert links and lists, and more.
Author Bio Block
To customize the author bio, click the green External editor icon.
This will pull up a text editor that allows you to add information about yourself, including:
- Your full name
- A headline, which is a quick blurb summarizing your background and skill set.
- An image of yourself
- A bio description, which is an expansion of the headline and helps potential students judge your qualifications as an instructor
Make sure to Save your changes.
Course Curriculum Block
The curriculum block is where your course lectures will appear. This block will be hidden on your page until you add lectures. To start the process of adding lectures, click the green External editor icon. This will take you to the curriculum area.
Bundled Courses Block
If you wish to group multiple courses together into a single course bundle that you can sell at once, click the External editor icon. This will take you to the Bundled Courses area.
To add or edit a FAQ for your page, click the External editor icon to the right side of the FAQ block. You will be directed to the FAQ page where you can add questions and answers that will appear on your page.
Course Page Closing Letter Block
A closing letter is a closing remark that appears at the bottom of your page. It’s a place to make a final pitch to potential students, encouraging them to enroll in your course. If you’d like to add a closing letter to your page, click inside the WYSIWYG area and begin typing.
Checkout Button Block
Edit your checkout button by clicking the External editor icon on the right-hand side of the block. The External editor takes you to the pricing page for your course. There, you can edit your course’s pricing plan. To edit the checkout button itself, click the Customize Enroll Button link.
Adding Other Blocks
The blocks described are all the ones that come by default on a course page, but you can further customize your page by adding new blocks. Each of these blocks is self-contained, meaning that the editing and formatting in one block does not affect other blocks. Additionally, adding new blocks to one course page doesn’t affect your other course pages.
To add a new block, run your cursor over the grey intersection of the horizontal and vertical lines on the left side. A grey Insert new block button will appear. When you click this button, you can select what kind of formatting you want for your new block.
You have five options for formatting your block:
- Liquid/HTML Block
The HTML block allows you to add additional HTML. You can add custom HTML or embed other elements -- like a video from YouTube or Facebook Like Box. A liquid block enables developers to access custom liquid attributes and filters. If you want to learn more about liquid attributes and how to use them, check out this website.
- Rich Text Block
The rich text block lets you format your text in a variety of different ways (bold, underline, font colors, etc.). What you type and how you format it in the text editor is exactly how it will appear on your page.
- Background Image Block
If you wish to add a background image to your page to add extra visual appeal, add a background image block.
- Other Blocks
By clicking on the "..." button, you'll see all the other types of blocks you can add. Most of them are present by default on your page, but you can add each block as many time as you want. The five blocks at the bottom of the list are not present by default. See more details on these blocks below.
- Secondary Enroll Button: The checkout button block allows you to add an additional checkout button with a background image.
- Embedded Form: In the embedded form block, we prefill code from MailChimp, Aweber, Campaign Monitor, or GetResponse, which are all e-marketing tools frequently used by our instructors. Simply choose your tool and fill in information within the HTML that automatically appears in the text editor. You can also add a background image.
- Testimonial: In the testimonial block, you can add testimonials from people endorsing your course. You can include images and quotes in this block. The recommended image size is 120x120px.
- Featured courses: This block displays other courses on your school. The featured courses appear in the same order as they do in your Admin > Courses area, and can be reordered in that same area, in the upper right corner above the course list (by name, creation date, or manual “directory order”).
- Homepage hero header: a block including your school name, description, and background image (same info that appears on the homepage).
Once you’ve added the desired blocks to your page, you can rearrange them by clicking and dragging individual blocks above or below existing blocks.
To delete a block, simply click the red trash icon on the right-hand side of a block.
A notification box will appear. Click OK to delete the block.