This article goes over how to use the free Teachable iOS app as a student of a Teachable school.
NOTE: You must have a Teachable account to access the iOS app, and schools must have Teachable Accounts enabled to be accessible from the app.
Downloading the iOS App
- Go to the App Store on your device.
- Search for Teachable (or simply click this link to be redirected to the page in the app store).
- Click the Get button. Click Install. Enter your Apple ID password or Touch ID if prompted.
NOTE: The Teachable iOS app is compatible and optimized for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The app is available, but has not been optimized, for the iPad. Also note that the Teachable iOS app requires iOS 9.0 or later. Teachable does not have an app for Android devices.
Using the iOS App
- After downloading the app, open the app by selecting the Teachable icon (teal and white “t”) from your iOS homescreen.
- As a new iOS app user, you will be brought to the login screen.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your Teachable account.
- Upon successful login, you will be brought to all your current school and course enrollments accessible through Teachable Accounts.
NOTE: This list will also show schools you own and schools you are an affiliate or author on, as long as those schools have Teachable Accounts enabled.
- Select the course you wish to view, which will bring you inside the course area, where you can start to work through lecture content.
Things You Can Do Inside the App
- Access all your courses on Teachable Accounts-enabled schools
- Stream videos and view handouts/worksheets while on the go
- Pick up where you left off: your course progress is automatically synced between the iPhone app and your Teachable school(s)
- Easily jump from lecture to lecture, and course to course
- Take lecture quizzes and see your results
- Complete lectures and track your progress
- Download course content (if available in that course) by clicking the downward arrow button next to each lecture
NOTE: At this time, you cannot access comments from within the Teachable iOS app.
Troubleshooting and Common Questions
Why don't I see a course?
A: If the school is visible in your Teachable Accounts dashboard, it should be visible in the app, but remember, you cannot access courses from schools that do not have Teachable Accounts enabled. Another reason may be that you did not enroll in in the course itself. Make sure you enrolled in the specific course, not just the overall school.
Why can't I register?
A: You cannot register for courses from the iOS app.
How can I adjust the video playback speed?
A: Inside Settings, under Playback Speed.
How can I log in to another account?
A: To log in to another account, visit Settings in the app. Click Sign Out. Then log back in with your other account.
Why is my login failing?
A: Make sure you have entered in your email and password correctly—keeping in mind that passwords are case-sensitive. If the issue continues, reset your password from a regular web browser, and then try to log in to the app again.
I clicked the download button–why is the content not available offline?
A: Depending on the file size, the downloading process can take several minutes. A checkmark will appear when the download is complete.