This article goes over how to use the free Teachable iOS app as a student of a Teachable school.
NOTE: You must have a myTeachable account to access the iOS app, and schools must have myTeachable accounts enabled to be accessible from the app.
Downloading the iOS App
- Go to the App Store on your device. (The app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.)
- Search for Teachable (or simply click this link to be redirected to the page in the app store).
- Click the +Get button. Click Install. Enter your Apple ID password or Touch ID if prompted.
NOTE: The Teachable iOS app requires iOS 9.0 or later.
Using the iOS App
- After downloading the app, open the app by select the Teachable icon (teal and white “t”) from your iOS homescreen.
- As a new iOS app user, you will be brought to the login screen.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your myTeachable account.
- Upon successful login, you will be brought to all your current school and course enrollments accessible through myTeachable.
NOTE: This list will also show schools you own and schools you are an affiliate or author on, as long as those schools have myTeachable accounts enabled.
- Select the course you wish to view, which will bring you inside the course area, where you can start to work through lecture content.
Things You Can Do Inside the App
- Access all your courses on myTeachable-enabled schools
- Stream videos and view handouts/worksheets while on the go
- Pick up where you left off: your course progress is automatically synced between the iPhone app and your Teachable school(s)
- Easily jump from lecture to lecture, and course to course
- Take lecture quizzes and see your results
- Complete lectures and track your progress
NOTE: At this time, you cannot access comments from within the Teachable iOS app.
Troubleshooting and Common Questions
Why don't I see a course?
A: If the school is visible in your myTeachable dashboard, it should be visible in the app, but remember, you cannot access courses from schools that do not have myTeachable enabled. Another reason may be that you did not enroll in in the course itself. Make sure you enrolled in the specific course, not just the overall school.
Why can't I register?
A: You cannot register for courses right now from the iOS app.
Why can't I see comments or audio attachments?
A: These features are coming soon on the iOS app. For now, you can only view text, PDFs, images, and videos, and take quizzes.
How can I adjust the video playback speed?
A: Inside Settings, under Playback Speed.
How can I log into another account?
A: To log into another account, visit Settings in the app. Click Sign Out. Then log back in with your other account.