This article shows how to make a course lecture available as a free preview for potential students.
Why Make a Lecture Available as a Free Preview?
Marking a lecture as free allows potential students to test-drive the course without spending money. Previews help users decide whether a course is right for them before purchasing it -- which can save a lot of hassle on both sides, compared to them cancelling the course and asking for a refund after signing up.
What a Free Preview Looks Like
For end users, marking a lecture as a free preview will look like this on the sales page:
NOTE: Free preview lectures are accessible via the Course Curriculum block. In order to view free preview lectures, you must add a Course Curriculum block to the sales page.
When a user clicks the Preview button, they will be brought inside the lecture area and will have full access to everything inside - just like any student would.
How to Mark Lectures as Free Previews
- Log in to your Teachable school.
- In the Courses area (or directly in the admin sidebar), find the course in which you’d like to mark a lecture as free.
- Select Curriculum in the submenu.
- Select the eyeball icon to make a lecture available as a free preview.
- A notification will appear in the bottom right corner letting you know the Lecture saved.
TIP: No longer want a lecture available as a free preview? Simply click the eyeball icon to turn off the lecture as a free preview.