This article goes over how to group and sell your courses as a course bundle within your Teachable school.
A course bundle contains multiple courses that can be sold together at one price. Course bundles are usually discounted from the combined price of the individual courses as a way to encourage sales.
For example, if you have two courses that sell for $30 each, you could put both courses in a bundle which students could purchase for a total of $50. The bundle combines related courses, and the $10 discount may incentivize students to purchase the bundle. However, if they still only want to purchase one of the courses, they have the option to do that as well.
Just like individual courses, course bundles can be sold for a one-time fee, on a subscription plan, or on a payment plan.
One popular strategy is to create a subscription bundle for all the courses on your site, and then allow students to access all of them for a fixed monthly fee. Learn more about selling a recurring membership here.
NOTE: In a bundle, there is the "parent" course and then "child" courses (more on this below). Once you have specified the parent course, you cannot duplicate it or add it to any other bundles. Child courses may be added to as many bundles as you want.
Create a Course Bundle
To bundle the courses together, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Teachable school.
- Click the “parent” course (the one with your desired bundle name) in the admin sidebar, or select View All to see all courses in your school.
- In the course's admin page, click Bundle Contents.
- Click Add a Course to this Bundle located at the top of the screen.
- Select a course from the drop-down menu that you would like to add as part of the bundled deal—repeat as needed. These will be the "child" courses of the bundle.
- For students to be able to purchase the bundle, set up pricing options on the Pricing page of the parent course. Now, when students buy this parent course, they will automatically gain access to the other(s) that you bundled.
NOTE: If students purchase a course bundle—and a new course is added to the bundle after the initial purchase—those students will automatically be granted access to the new course.
When a student enrolls in the parent course of a bundle, they will have access to all included child courses in their My Courses tab from the school navigation bar.
Unbundle a Course
To unbundle a course, scroll down to the bottom of the Bundle Contents area and click Remove from bundle on the right of the child course(s) you want to remove. Removing all of the courses in a bundle will unbundle the parent course completely (and you'll regain the ability to duplicate it).
Note that if you remove a course from a bundle, any student who has purchased the bundle before the course has been removed will lose access to the removed course. If you re-bundle the same course to the bundle it was removed from, those students who previously had access to the removed course will regain access.