When students visit your course, the first thing they’ll see is your sales page, which is a course's landing page. This article shows you how to use the Sales Page Editor to create and customize the sales page for your course.
You can use a variety of blocks to customize your Sales Page, such as: a Course Description block, a Background Image block, a Video Embed block—you can find a full list of blocks in this article.
To access your course’s Sales Page Editor, follow these steps:
- Log in to your school’s admin area.
- Select one of your courses from the admin sidebar (click View All if the course is not on the sidebar).
- Click the Sales Page submenu in the admin sidebar.
Using the Sales Page Editor
At any time during the editing of your sales page, you can:
- Reset the sales page, which will remove all changes made and revert the page back to default settings
- Preview your sales page, so you can see what your changes look like
- Save your changes - so you don’t lose any of your updates
The Sales Page Editor can be customized with a number of blocks that serve different purposes. For an explanation of what blocks are available, and their functions, take a look at the Working With Blocks article.
Changing Sales Page Settings
At the bottom of your sales page editor, you'll see the Settings area:
- The Blank Template toggle, turned off by default, removes all school template code from the sales page when turned on.
- The Show Navigation Bar toggle, turned on by default, shows your standard school header on your sales page. Turn it off to remove the header.
- The Colored Header toggle, turned off by default, allows you to choose between a transparent header or a solid-colored header. When turned off, your header text will simply overlay your sales page background image like so: When turned on, there will be a solid colored bar there instead: You can adjust this color in Site > Theme > Theme Colors (Nav Bar & Footer Background).
- The Show Footer toggle, turned on by default, displays your standard school footer on the sales page. Turn it off to remove the footer.
NOTE: If the Colored Header toggle is not working for you, recompile your CSS by making any change in the Theme section and saving it (you can undo the change later). If it still doesn't take effect, you may have template customizations interfering.
Understanding the "Already Enrolled" Banner
If a logged-in student visits the sales page of a course they are already enrolled in, they will by default see this banner:
The banner is not a block, but it is editable in Site > Custom Text in the Courses section (the string is already_enrolled).
There are only a few cases where this banner might be relevant--such as if you have your homepage settings adjusted to take logged-in students to the sales page rather than the curriculum.