This article shows how you can enroll a student in a course on your Teachable school. There are two ways school owners can accomplish this: by enrolling an existing user in a course, or by manually adding a student to your school and then a course.
Option 1: Enrolling Existing User in Published or Unpublished Course
If a student is already a member of your school, you can manually enroll them in any course (that they're not already taking). Note that you cannot add a student to a subscription or payment plan through this method:
- Go to Users, and then click Students in the Users sidebar.
- Select a user from the list.
- Click Enrollment from the user submenu.
- Go to the Enroll In Course section (it should be right at the top).
- Using the dropdown menu, select which course to enroll the user in.
- Click Enroll.
- A notification will appear in the lower right-hand corner letting you know that changes have been saved. Now the user will be able to access whatever course you’ve enrolled them in.
Alternatively, you can bulk enroll existing students into a course using bulk actions. For more information, take a look at our Knowledge Base article on bulk actions.
Option 2: Enrolling a Student Via Importing
If students do not already have an account on your school, you can use the manually add them to your school and then enroll them in a course. For more information on adding students to your school, take a look at our Knowledge Base article on Adding Users to Your School.
Unenrolling a Student From Your Course
If you'd like to unenroll a student from your course, follow the steps outlined below—note that if you're looking to refund a student, you must do that manually:
- On your admin page, go to Users and then Students.
- Select the user you would like to unenroll.
- Click Enrollments from the sidebar.
- Click Unenroll.
If you unenroll a student that is paying through a subscription or pricing plan, please note that their subscription or pricing plan will also be cancelled after unenrollment. If you'd like to cancel the subscription or pricing plan of a student, but keep them enrolled in your course:
- Select the user.
- Click Purchases.
- In the Active Subscriptions section, find the relevant subscription or pricing plan.
- Click the End Subscription button (denoted by a red trash can icon).
From there, you'll have the option to unsubscribe the student and unenroll, or just end the subscription. If the student is unsubscribed and unenrolled, they will no longer be able to view the course content. However, if the student is just unsubscribed, they will be taken off the payment plan, but still be able to view the course content.