This article shows how you can enroll a student in a course on your Teachable school. When you enroll a student from your end, they won’t have to pay the course price. There are three ways school owners can accomplish this: by enrolling an existing user in a published or unpublished course, by sending a 100%-off coupon code, or (on the High Volume and Enterprise plans) by using the student importer to add them to the school and then a course.
Option 1: Enrolling Existing User in Published or Unpublished Course
If a student is already signed up to your school, it’s a very easy process to manually enroll them for specific courses (that they’re not already taking).
- Go to Users.
- Select a user from the list.
- Click Courses from the user submenu.
- Go to the Enroll In Course section (it should be right at the top).
- Using the dropdown menu, select which course to enroll the user in.
- Click Enroll.
- A notification will appear in the lower right-hand corner letting you know that changes have been saved. Now the user will be able to access whatever course you’ve enrolled them in.
Option 2: Creating a 100% Off Coupon
- Logged into your admin area, select the course you’d like to add (a) student(s) to.
- Inside your course area, select Coupons.
- Inside the Coupons area, select New Coupon.
- Input the necessary information, making sure you set it to 100% off the price.
- Click Save.
- Send the coupon code to the student(s) you’d like to enroll in your school.
For more on creating coupon codes, continue here.
Option 3: Enrolling a Student Via Importing
If students do not already have an account on your school, you can use the bulk student importer to enroll them in the school and then a course.
NOTE: Importing students is only available for High Volume plans and higher. Learn more about Teachable plans here.
- Log into your Teachable school.
- Select Users.
- Choose Import Students in upper right part of the screen.
- Import students by uploading a CSV, or enter student information manually.
- Optionally, use the dropdown to select a course to enroll them in once they're imported.
- Click Import Students.
- Upon successful import, a message in the bottom will appear:
- Refresh the page to see imported student(s).
Unenrolling a Student From Your Course
If you would like to unenroll a student from your course, follow these steps:
- On your admin page, go to Users.
- Select the user you would like to unenroll.
- Click Courses from the sidebar.
- Click Unenroll.
If the student you would like to unenroll is on a subscription, or payment plan:
- Select the user.
- Click Subscriptions.
- Click Unsubscribe.
From there, you will have the option to unsubscribe the student and unenroll, or just end the subscription. If the student is unsubscribed and unenrolled, they will no longer be able to view the course content. However, if the student is just unsubscribed, they will be taken off the payment plan, but still be able to view the course content.