Collecting email addresses from prospective students on your sales page—even if they don’t purchase your course right away—is a great way to build an email list of potential buyers. This article shows you how to collect email addresses on your course's sales page.
Add an Email Form
You can embed a MailChimp, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, or GetResponse email form right onto your sales page using the Embedded Form block:
- Log in to your Teachable admin area.
- Select the course you’d like to edit from the admin sidebar, or select View All to see all courses inside your school.
- Click Pages from the submenu, and then click Edit on your Sales Page.
- Inside the Sales Page editor, hover near the lefthand side of an existing block and click Insert new block.
- Choose Other Blocks > Embedded Form. This will generate a block that contains the HTML code needed to embed an email form onto your Sales Page. By clicking the name of the respective third-party Email Service Providers, the required HTML code will automatically generate:
- Customize the embed code to match your own third-party account and list information (e.g. form action URLs, redirect URLs, etc.). The sections that need to be customized with your account and list information are denoted with capitalized text; for example, in order for the MailChimp form to function properly, you'll need to enter your MailChimp Form Action URL here:
- Add a background if desired.
- Save your changes by clicking the button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Preview Your Email Form
After you've added the form to your Sales Page, and filled in the required third-party account information, you can see how the embedded form looks on your Sales Page by clicking the Preview button.
The end result will look something the following image. However, please note that the appearance of your form depends on how you've customize your form (which may be done through further use of HTML and/or custom code):