This article reviews how to log in to your Teachable school. It also provides basic troubleshooting steps for common login issues.
NOTE: This article is intended for school owners and admin users. If you are a student looking for a login guide, check out the Student Guide: Logging In article.
Once you create a Teachable school, you will be prompted to confirm your account via an account confirmation email. After confirming your account, you will be able to log in directly to your school’s login page to access your school admin dashboard.
NOTE: All school owners have Teachable Accounts that are automatically created when you make your school. Teachable Accounts provide a centralized Teachable Account dashboard where you can access all your associated Teachable school accounts in one place, and allow you to login directly via the Log in button on Teachable’s homepage: It’s important to note as a school owner, you can choose to enable or disable Teachable Accounts for students in your school—this will impact how your students can log in to your school. Learn more about Teachable Accounts and the student login experience.
How to log in
To log in to your school:
- Navigate to your school’s unique login page. You can access the login page by either:
- Navigating to your school homepage URL (for example: yourschool.teachable.com) and clicking the Login button in the top right corner of the page.
- Navigating directly to your unique login URL. Your school’s login URL includes the domain of your school (e.g., yourschool.teachable.com) with /sign_in appended to the end. For example, if your school’s domain is yourschool.teachable.com, the login URL would be yourschool.teachable.com/sign_in.
- Enter the email address and password you used to sign up with Teachable and click Login. (If you have enabled Teachable Accounts for your entire school, you will also see the option to Login with Teachable. Learn more about enabling Teachable Accounts for your school).
If you experience issues logging in, refer to our troubleshooting section below.
Login attempts on new device(s)
Primary owners, owners, authors, affiliates, and custom user roles will receive an unrecognized device notification each time they login to their school on an unrecognized device. This notification can trigger when:
- You log in on a new device for the first time
- You use an incognito browser
- You log in after clearing your browser cache
Students do not receive unrecognized device notifications.
Once triggered, you will receive a new device access email (titled “Login attempt on a new device”).
To confirm your device:
- Copy the confirmation code from the email and paste it into the Confirmation code field on your login screen.
- Click Next to continue.
It’s important to note that the confirmation code is valid for one hour. If your code is expired, or if you never received the code in the first place, click the resend the confirmation code link on the screen to send a new email. Always use the most recent email received when confirming your new device.
If you don't recognize the login attempt or device, we strongly recommend resetting your password immediately.
Troubleshooting login issues
I’m trying to log in but it says my email address and/or password are incorrect.
If your password is invalid, or if you have forgotten your password, you can reset it any time. Learn more about how to reset your account password.
If your email address is invalid, there are a few potential scenarios:
- You may have misspelled your email address when you created your account—if so, contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, school name, and school URL.
- If you previously edited your email address for your account, you may have only edited the Teachable Account email address (without editing the email address for the individual school account), or vice versa. If so, try logging in from both the direct Teachable Accounts dashboard and your individual school login page, as outlined below:
|Login portal||Where to access||How to edit login credentials|
|Teachable Accounts||You can log in to your Teachable Account directly from the Log in button on Teachable’s homepage; or via this direct link||Edit your Teachable Account credentials from your Teachable Account dashboard.|
|Individual school account||Your school’s login URL includes the domain of your school (e.g., yourschool.teachable.com) with /sign_in appended to the end. For example, if your school’s domain is yourschool.teachable.com, the login URL would be yourschool.teachable.com/sign_in.||Edit your school account credentials from the Edit Profile tab of your school account settings. Learn more about editing your login credentials.|
I’m not receiving the unrecognized device email and/or password reset email so I cannot log in.
If you have access to your email address but are not receiving the unrecognized device email and/or password reset email, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check secondary folders for emails from Teachable or your school—including the spam/junk, promotions, updates, and “all mail” folders
- Use your email search function to search for the title of the email “Reset Password Instructions” for a password reset email, or “Login attempt on a new device” for unrecognized device notifications)
- Safelist Teachable's email domains—see our guide on how to safelist an email
- Re-trigger the email after completing the above steps
I want to change my login email address and/or password but don’t know how.
You can edit your email address and/or password from your school profile settings—learn more about how to edit your login credentials.
I’ve tried everything but am still experiencing login issues/am locked out of my account.
First, we recommend going through our common technical issues troubleshooting guide—this will help resolve any login issues that could be caused by your local browser or device.
If still experiencing issues, you can contact our support team directly at email@example.com. In your email, please include as much of the following information as you are able to:
- The school name and URL
- Your full name
- The email address you used to create the account
I can login fine; but I need to help my students who are having login issues.
If you are trying to help your students resolve their own login issues, we recommend the following:
- Refer them to our student login guide—this also contains troubleshooting tips and tricks that pertain to the student login experience.
- Edit their email address or password as needed—learn more about how to edit student login credentials as a school owner.