This article gives an overview of adding course authors to your Teachable school.
Adding Course Authors
For more information on adding authors to your school, take a look at our Knowledge Base article on Adding Users to Your School. The Free plan supports 1 author/owner (including yourself), the Basic plan supports 2 authors/owners, the Professional plan supports 5 authors/owners, and the Business plan supports 100 authors/owners.
Understanding Author Bios
On Teachable, an Author Bio may be uniquely linked to an Author’s account. These bios are used to showcase some information about the Author, for example, on a course’s sales page or curriculum. Whenever you add a new course author, an author bio will automatically be created using the name of the course author. Similarly, you can edit the author’s bio information, such as their name, headline, image, and bio.
At anytime, you can go to Site > Bios to see a list of your created author bios.From there, you can add, edit, or delete author bios.
Note that this list contains bios that may not be associated with any user accounts.
Linking a Student Account To an Author Bio
If you have a student who you wish to make an author, you can link their student account to an author account by following these steps:
- Navigate to Users and then Students.
- Select the account of the user you’d like to make an author.
- There, you’ll find a dropdown menu in the Associated Author Bio section where you can select an author account to be associated with the user account.
- Click Save.
Designating a Course Author
Designating an author to a course means that the author will receive a set commission of course sales (which school owners can individually modify in the author’s profile) and will have other course administrative privileges.
NOTE: In order to designate an author, you must first add the author to your school.
To designate an author to as the author of a specific course, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Teachable admin area.
- In the admin sidebar, select a course where you’d like to add or edit information. If the course is not displayed, click View All to see all courses in your school.
- Once inside a particular course, you should be automatically in the Information area. If you’re not, select it from the sidebar.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Select the author bio from the drop-down menu in the Bios section.
- Click Save.
Editing Course Authors
If you need to edit an author profile, simply locate the profile by navigating to the author profile and clicking Edit Bio. From there, you'll be able to edit their name, headline, image, and bio. Be sure to click Save when finished.
Alternatively, if you'd like to see a list of all the Bios available on your school, navigate to Site > Bios. From there, you can add a new bio, or edit any existing bios.
Deleting Course Authors
You can delete your course authors at any time by following these steps:
- Log in to your Teachable school and navigate to Users.
- Choose the user you’d like to delete as an author.
- Select Author from the admin sidebar.
- Click Choose a Different Bio in the Associated Author Bio section.
Afterwards, a notification will appear in the lower right-hand corner, letting you know that the user is no longer a course author. You can delete the author profile by navigating to Site > Bios and clicking the red trash icon on the selected profile.