This article goes over how to contact Teachable’s Customer Care team when you need assistance or are experiencing an issue with your school.
Finding the Help Center
Schools on all plans can contact our support team by filing a support ticket via the help form. You can access our Help Center via your school admin or your myTeachable profile page.
To locate the myTeachable Help Center, log in to your myTeachable account and select Help from the sidebar. You can also click here to be taken there directly. (If you have not created a myTeachable account or are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so.). You'll have the option to Search Our Knowledge Base, get Help with Your Teachable School, or inquire about an Issue with Teachable Promotions.
Alternatively, if you do not have myTeachable enabled on your school, you can click on the Help button in your school admin to access the Help Center. You’ll also have the option to Search Our Knowledge Base, Create a Support Ticket, or (if you are on the Professional plan and up), Live Chat with Someone on Our Team.
Submitting a Support Ticket
While Teachable offers a variety of self-service resources, you may wish to submit a support ticket if you're still experiencing an issue with your school, or if you aren’t able to find the answers you need. Our (award-winning!) Customer Care team is happy to assist schools on all plans via email.
To proceed with submitting a ticket, click the Help with Your Teachable School box.
Alternatively, if you’ve accessed our Help Center through your school admin, you can proceed with submitting a ticket, by clicking on the Create a Ticket button.
You’ll be directed to this page, where you’ll select from a series of drop-down menus that help you narrow down your problem.
First, select which school you are inquiring about. Then, choose from four general topics:
- School Plans and Teachable Billing - Get more information about upgrading, downgrading, or canceling a plan, receiving a refund, and updating billing information.
- Troubleshoot an Issue - Learn more about common problems that instructors experience.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Learn more about managing your school, from settings to users to customization.
- Found a bug? - Tell us about it to let us know if you’re experiencing a glitch.
Once you’ve narrowed down the issue, you’ll receive an answer, a link to any relevant pages, and/or a request for more information. Here's an example of a successful inquiry:
If you’re still not able to locate the information you need or are not able to resolve the issue you are experiencing with your school, click the Message Us button at the bottom of the form to submit a support ticket to Customer Care. Then, fill out the form below with the details of your inquiry or issue:
Once you’ve submitted your ticket, our Customer Care team will respond as soon as possible.
Tips for Creating a Support Ticket
To ensure that our Customer Care team is able to provide the best support, please use the following recommendations for submitting a support ticket via the Help Form:
- Be as Specific as Possible - The more details you include in your initial ticket, the better our support team will be able to understand what you want to achieve. If you are having an issue with a specific school, course, or user then it's also helpful to include details such as the user’s email address, name, the specific URL or name of your course, etc. in your initial ticket. This helps our support team access your school information and locate the source of the issue much faster, which leads to a more efficient resolution for you.
- Include Visuals - It’s helpful to include visuals to help illustrate the issue or inquiry that requires our support. Although our help form does not have a file uploader, you can include file sharing links from services like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Please also ensure that you’ve given us permission to view the files. Once you submit a ticket via our help form, you will receive an email receipt from our help desk provider, Zendesk, that contains the details of your support request. If you want to upload a file, you can attach files in your response to your ticket receipt.
- Avoid Addressing Multiple Issues in One Ticket - If you have a new issue, we recommend creating a new ticket so that each issue or question can be handled within its own email thread. This makes referencing these messages faster in the future.
- Utilize the Description Section of the Help Form - To avoid confusion, ensure that you write the body text of your inquiry in the Description section of the help form and not in the Subject Line. The subject line of your ticket should be a brief explanation of the issue or inquiry that is explained further in the Description section of the ticket.
Accessing Live Chat (Professional plan and up)
If your school is on the Professional plan and up, then you can access live chat by logging in to your school admin and clicking on the Help button. From there, you can open a live chat with a member of our Customer Care team by clicking on the Chat Now button.
NOTE: Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm EST (GMT -5). If the Chat Now button is greyed out, this indicates that live chat is not available at the moment. If you have an urgent inquiry, we recommend submitting a support ticket and our Customer Care team will respond as soon as possible.