This article goes over what is included on a student receipt and how to resend receipts to your students.
When a student purchases a course from your Teachable school, they automatically receive an initial purchase receipt via email. If a student purchases a recurring pricing plan (e.g. a subscription or payment plan), then they will not automatically receive receipts for subsequent payments.
If you're on the Basic plan and up, then you can preview the Receipt template in the Emails > Template Editor section of your school admin. To open the template, select Students > Receipt from the Select a Template drop-down menu. Once you've opened the template, click the Preview button to view how the template will appear to your students.
Depending on which payment gateway processed the transaction, student receipts sent from Teachable may contain the following information:
- Receipt Number - A unique number assigned to the receipt.
- Course Name - The name of the course the student purchased.
- Course ID - The identification number of the course the student purchased.
- Discount - The coupon code applied to the purchase, along with the discount amount.
- Tax - The rate of EU value-added tax (VAT) charged (if applicable).
- Purchase Date - The date the student enrolled and purchased the course.
- Purchaser - The name of the student who purchased the course, including their billing address and VAT ID (if applicable).
- Vendor - The name of your school and link to your school’s URL, including your billing address and VAT ID (if applicable).
- Provided by - The supplier of record (if applicable).
- Payment Method - The method used to purchase the course. If purchased with a credit/debit card, the type and last four digits of their card will appear here. If purchased with PayPal, then their PayPal account email address will appear here.
- List price - The retail price of the course.
- Total price - The total amount charged to the purchaser.
Resend a Student Receipt
If your student requests an invoice for tax purposes, we recommend directing them to their initial purchase receipt, as it should contain all of the information they need for tax reporting. You can resend initial purchase receipts to students at any time in the Summary section of the student’s transaction details:
At this time, the initial purchase receipt is the only receipt that Teachable provides to students. If you receive a request for a differently formatted receipt or invoice, it is your responsibility to fulfill these requests.