This article will show you how to reset the password for your Teachable school. You have two options for resetting your school's password. Option 2 is only used when your school's URL is unknown.
Before You Begin
Before resetting your password, make sure to log out of all pages and browsers where you are logged into your Teachable school.
Option 1: Resetting a Password From Your School URL
- Navigate to your school URL in your preferred web browser (e.g. http://yourdomain.teachable.com) and click Log in in the upper right-hand corner
- Alternatively, append /sign_in to the end of your school URL, so that it looks like http://yourdomain.teachable.com/sign_in.
- Click the Forgot password? button underneath the login area.
- Enter your email address. Then, click the Send me instructions button.
- After you click the button, you should see this notification:
- Click the Change my Password URL in the email. You'll be taken to a page on the Teachable website instructing you to change your password.
- Follow the instructions, retyping a new password twice. Click the Reset Password button.
- You're done! You will now be taken inside your school.
NOTE: Not immediately logged in with your new password? Make sure your browser isn't accessing an existing login cookie or saved password application (example: 1password). Do this by opening the reset link in a private (aka incognito) browser window or turning off automatic login applications on your computer.
Option 2: Resetting a Password From Teachable.com
- Navigate to teachable.com and click Log in in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the Forgot your password? link underneath the login area.
- A new pop-up window will appear. Enter your email address and click the Send me instructions button.
- After submitting your email address, you should see this notification:
- When the email arrives, it will have the subject line Teachable Reset Password Instructions.
- Click the Change my Password button inside the email.
- You will then be taken to a change password screen. Type in your new password twice. Click the Change My Password button.
- You will now be logged into your school.
NOTE: Not immediately logged in with your new password? Ensure that your browser isn't accessing an existing login cookie or saved password application (example: 1password). Do this by opening the reset link in a private browser window (aka incognito) or turning off any automatic login applications you may be using.
Tried to reset your password but didn't receive the Password Reset email? Contact us.