This article goes over where to learn more about Teachable and contact our support team. If you’re a student, refer to Getting Support.
The Knowledge Base
If you’re not sure how to use a feature or complete a task in your Teachable school, we recommend checking out the Knowledge Base—which you are now reading!—consider it the Teachable “manual”.
You can also use the Guide Center to view Knowledge Base articles directly in your admin page. Click the widget and use the search bar to find articles:
If you’d like to view a live demo of Teachable, we recommend viewing one of Teachable's webinar workshops. The webinars will guide you through choosing a course topic, setting up your school, and marketing your courses. Click on the links below to watch a webinar:
The Teachable community
Teachable's community was launched as a space for creators to share their knowledge, learn, and network with other creators in a similar business phase. Here you can ask questions, share ideas or strategies, and get help from others.
TeachableU was created by the Teachable team to provide additional resources to school owners on an active paid plan. TeachableU includes our most-updated training programs, as well as monthly live-streamed workshops with experts in a variety of industries.
Teachable Help Center
You can access our Help Center through your school admin or your myTeachable profile page.
To locate the myTeachable Help Center, log in to your myTeachable account and select Help from the sidebar. (If you have not created a myTeachable account or are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so). Once logged in, you’ll have to option to Search our Knowledge Base, Submit a Ticket or Manage Tickets.
Alternatively, you can click on the Help button in your school admin to access the Help Center. You’ll also have the option to Search Our Knowledge Base, Create a Support Ticket, or Live Chat with Someone on Our Team (Professional plan and up).
Contact Customer Care
If you are experiencing an issue with your school or if you aren’t able to find the answers you need, our award-winning Customer Care team is happy to assist users via email (all plans) and live chat (available on the Professional plan and up).
At this time, Teachable does not offer support over the phone. We’ve found that email and live chat are the best ways for us to provide high-quality support because we can:
- More effectively troubleshoot by having immediate access to your school, account information, past support tickets, and other relevant details
- Provide clarity and direction with visual aids, such as screenshots, videos, and links
- Save you time by addressing or escalating issues directly through your chat or ticket.
- Safeguard your security by providing a secure channel for verifying account ownership and looping in your school affiliates, authors, and students when necessary
- Ensure that you’re speaking to a product expert from our dedicated in-house support team
NOTE: Email support is available seven (7) days a week, from 8 am to 8 pm US Eastern Time.
To submit a ticket from your myTeachable profile, click Submit a Ticket:
Alternatively, submit a ticket through the Guide Center widget by clicking the ? icon within your school admin. From there, you can search through our Knowledge Base for any guides that may help. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also submit a ticket through the Guide Center itself by clicking Don't see what you're looking for? Contact us:
Tips for creating a support ticket
To help us provide the best support possible, please follow these guidelines for submitting a support ticket:
- Be as Specific as Possible - The more details you include in your initial ticket, the better our support team will be able to understand what you want to achieve. If you are having an issue with a specific school, course, or user then it's also helpful to include details such as the user’s email address, name, the specific URL or name of your course, etc. in your initial ticket. This helps our support team access your school information and locate the source the issue much faster, which leads to a more efficient resolution for you.
- Include Visuals - It’s helpful to include visuals to help illustrate the issue or question that requires our support. Although our help form does not have a file uploader, you can include file sharing links from services like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Please also ensure that you’ve given us permission to view the files.
Once you submit a ticket via our help form, you’ll receive an email receipt from our help desk provider, Zendesk, that contains the details of your support request. If you want to upload a file, you can attach files in your response to your ticket receipt.
- Avoid Multiple Issues or Questions in One Ticket - If you have a new issue or question, we recommend creating a new ticket so that each can be handled within its own email thread. This makes referencing these messages faster in the future.
- Utilize the Description Section of the Help Form - To avoid confusion, ensure that you write the body text of your inquiry in the Description section of the help form and not in the Subject Line. The subject line of your ticket should be a brief explanation of the issue or inquiry that you explain further in the Description section of the ticket.
Live chat (Professional plan and up)
If your school is on the Professional plan and up, then you can access live chat by logging in to your school admin and clicking on Help button. From there, you can open a live chat with a member of our Customer Care team by clicking on the Chat Now button.
NOTE: Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm US Eastern Time. If the Chat Now button is greyed out, this indicates that live chat is not available at the moment. If you have an urgent inquiry, we recommend submitting a support ticket and our Customer Care team will respond as soon as possible.