This article reviews where school owners and admin can get help for questions or issues they have with their Teachable school. It provides information about our different support resources, who they are available to, and where to access them.
NOTE: If you are a student or school affiliate, you should use the Student Guide: Getting Support article for guidance on where to get help.
School owners and admins have several resources available to them if help is needed on the creation or maintenance of their Teachable school.
The below chart provides an overview of the available support options, who they are available to, and use cases for each support option. Further details on each support resource are provided in the sections below.
|Support Resource||Availability||Use Case|
To: Primary Owners, Owners, School Authors
When: 7 days a week, 8 AM to 8 PM US Eastern time
Plan availability: All plans
|Receive high-quality support via email for any questions or issues you have with your Teachable school|
To: Primary Owners, Owners
When: Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 5 PM US Eastern time
Plan availability: Professional plan and up
|Receive fast, in-the-moment support for any questions or issues you have with your Teachable school|
|Teachable Knowledge Base||
All users, 24/7
Learn about the Teachable product and how features work
|The Teachable Community (teachable:hq)||
To: Primary Owners
Plan availability: Basic and up
Share knowledge and network with other Teachable creators
To: Primary Owners
Plan availability: Basic and up
Take core trainings on course creation; created by the Teachable team
If you are locked out of your account and cannot access any of the above resources directly, please contact our Customer Support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing an issue with your school or if you aren’t able to find the answers you need in our Knowledge Base, our award-winning Customer Support team is happy to assist users via email.
Email support is available to Primary Owners, Owners, and Authors of schools on any plan. Our email support hours are 7 days a week, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM US Eastern Time.
To submit an email support ticket:
- Login to your school account and click the Help tab from your admin menu. Then, click Email. This will open up your Teachable Account dashboard.
- From your Teachable Account help dashboard, click Submit a Ticket.
- You'll be asked which school you need help with. Choose your school and then continue filling out the form. A Knowledge Base article relating to your issue will be suggested. If that doesn't answer your question, click Message Us.
- Fill in the Description box with as much information as you can provide and click Submit Ticket.
- Your question, school, and contact info will be logged in our help ticketing system and someone will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist with your inquiry.
Alternatively, you can submit a ticket through the Help Center widget of your school. To do so:
- Click the Help icon in the bottom right corner of any of your Teachable school’s admin pages.
- Click the Email Us button at the bottom of the widget.
- Fill out the fields for your Name, Email, Subject, and Description. Then click Send.
NOTE: If you are locked out of your account and cannot access any of the above resources directly, please contact our Customer Support team directly at email@example.com.
Tips for submitting an email ticket
To help us provide the best support possible, please follow these guidelines for submitting a support ticket:
- Be as specific as possible - The more details you include in your initial ticket, the better our support team will be able to understand what you want to achieve. If you are having an issue with a specific school, course, or user then it's also helpful to include details such as the user’s email address, name, the specific URL or name of your course, etc. in your initial ticket.
- Include visuals - It’s helpful to include visuals to help illustrate the issue or question that requires our support. You can take screenshots or short recordings of your environment with apps like CloudApp. Although our help form does not have a file uploader, you can include file sharing links from services like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Please also ensure that you’ve given us permission to view the files.
- Avoid multiple issues or questions in one ticket - If you have a new issue or question, we recommend creating a new ticket so that each can be handled within its own email thread. This makes referencing these messages faster in the future.
- Utilize the description section of the help form - To avoid confusion, ensure that you write the body text of your inquiry in the Description section of the help form and not in the Subject Line. The subject line of your ticket should be a brief explanation of the issue or inquiry that you explain further in the Description section of the ticket.
If you are experiencing an issue with your school or if you aren’t able to find the answers you need in our Knowledge Base, our award-winning Customer Support team is happy to assist users via live chat.
Live chat support is available to all school owners for schools on the Professional plan and up. Our live chat support hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM US Eastern Time.
To start a live chat:
- Login to your school account and click the Help tab from your admin menu. Then, click Chat Now.
- In the popup widget, enter your Name, Email, and a brief Message describing your question or issue. Then, click Start chat to initiate a chat.
Once you start a chat, please allow a few moments for one of our Customer Support representatives to respond. If there are no available representatives, you will enter a queue where you can wait for the next available representative to support you.
NOTE: If you do not see live chat available to you, it might be outside of live chat hours or you might not be on the Professional plan or up. If you cannot live chat with us, you can submit an email support ticket. If you cannot access our help center at all, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Knowledge Base
If you’re not sure how to use a feature, complete a task in your Teachable school, or have any questions on creating and managing your school, we recommend checking out the Knowledge Base—which you are now reading! Consider the Knowledge Base your Teachable manual. Use the search bar to search for any topic as it pertains to your Teachable school.
You can also search through the Knowledge Base from directly within your school by clicking the Help widget icon in the bottom right corner of any page in your school admin. Once you search for a specific topic, you will be recommended Knowledge Base articles based on your search query.
The Teachable Community (teachable:hq)
Teachable’s community, known as teachable:hq, is space for creators to share their knowledge, learn, and network with other creators in a similar business phase. Here you can ask questions, share ideas or strategies, and get help from others.
Teachable:hq is available to all Primary Owners on the Basic plan or above.
Learn more about how to access and use teachable:hq.
TeachableU was created by the Teachable team to provide additional resources on how to build and manage a course. TeachableU includes our most-updated training programs, as well as live-streamed workshops with experts in a variety of industries.
TeachableU is available to Primary Owners on the Basic plan and up.
Learn more about how to access and use TeachableU.