This article shows how to embed forms and other materials in your Teachable school.
There may be a case where you'd like to include additional material in your course lectures that is not available as a Teachable feature. An easy way to do this is through an embed.
Common embedded materials Teachable instructors use are forms and surveys. A form allows you to collect information from students (for instance, a course feedback survey). Here's how you can embed a form using the popular (and free) Google Forms tool.
- On the Google Forms homepage, click Go to Google Forms.
- Follow the instructions outlined by Google to create a form or survey you'd like to embed inside a lecture.
TIP: You can choose from a range of Google Form templates by clicking the More option on the Google Forms homepage. There, you can find pre-made customer feedback forms, course evaluation forms, and more.
- Once you're satisfied with the form, click the Send button in the upper navigation menu.
- Select the brackets icon. This will give you the HTML embed code for the form.
- Click Copy in the lower right-hand corner of the popup box to automatically copy the HTML embed code.
- Now, head over to your Teachable school and log in.
- In the Courses area of the admin sidebar, navigate to the specific course lecture where you'd like to embed the form (click View All if you can’t see your course).
- Select the Curriculum submenu in the admin sidebar.
- Choose the Lecture where you'd like to add the form.
- Inside your lecture area, select the Add Text tab.
- Click the bracket icon in the rich text editor to turn on HTML mode.
- Paste your HTML form snippet (from Google Forms) inside the text area.
- Click Add Text. Now, if you Preview your lecture, you should see the embedded form appear inside your lecture.
TIP: You can embed any kind of online form—like TypeForm, SurveyMonkey, etc.—in a similar way: by copying and pasting an embed snippet into your text editor.
Embedding Additional Materials
You can also embed other materials inside your Teachable lectures, like live video, audio players, and more.
To embed these additional materials inside your course lectures:
- Go to your course’s curriculum page.
- Choose a lecture you’d like to add embedded materials to.
- Click the Add Text tab.
- Click the bracket icon to turn on HTML mode.
- To embed an audio player, check out this website.
- To embed a video player, visit this website. You can also embed YouTube videos inside your lectures.
- Preview your lectures to view how your embedded content appears within your course.
Embedding these materials is as simple as copying and pasting, and inserting your own information.
Deleting and Editing Embedded Materials
You can delete embedded materials at any time by going to your course’s curriculum page, choosing a lecture, and clicking the red trash icon next to the text block containing your embedded content. You can also edit your embedded content by clicking the green Edit attachment icon.
Click OK to delete the embedded material.
Check out all of Teachable's integrations here.