This article shows how to embed forms and other materials in your Teachable school.
There may be a case where you'd like to include additional material in your course lectures that is not available as a Teachable feature. An easy way to do this is through an embed.
You can use any application that allows you to embed a code snippet. You can then add the code snippet to the Add Code tab in the lecture editor.
Common embedded materials Teachable instructors use are forms and surveys. A form allows you to collect information from students (for instance, a course feedback survey). Here's how you can embed a form using the popular (and free) Google Forms tool.
- On the Google Forms homepage, click Go to Google Forms.
- Follow the instructions outlined by Google to create a form or survey you'd like to embed inside a lecture.
TIP: You can choose from a range of Google Form templates by clicking the More option on the Google Forms homepage. There, you can find pre-made customer feedback forms, course evaluation forms, and more.
- Once you're satisfied with the form, click the Send button in the upper navigation menu.
- Select the brackets icon. This will give you the HTML embed code for the form.
- Click Copy in the lower right-hand corner of the popup box to automatically copy the HTML embed code.
- Now, head over to your Teachable school and log in.
- In the Courses area of the admin sidebar, navigate to the specific course lecture where you'd like to embed the form (click View All if you can’t see your course).
- Select the Curriculum submenu in the admin sidebar.
- Choose the Lecture where you'd like to add the form.
- In the HTML form snippet you just pasted, you'll have to replace '[object Object]' with the URL of your form. You can find this URL by selecting the link icon in your form and clicking Copy.
- Click Save. Now, if you Preview your lecture, you should see the embedded form appear inside your lecture.
Embedding Additional Materials
You can also embed other materials inside your Teachable lectures, like live video, audio players, and more.
To embed these additional materials inside your course lectures:
- Go to your course’s curriculum page.
- Choose a lecture you’d like to add embedded materials to.
- Click the Add Code tab.
- To embed an audio player, check out this website.
- To embed a video player, visit this website. You can also embed YouTube videos inside your lectures.
- Click Save and Preview your lectures to view how your embedded content appears within your course.
Embedding these materials is as simple as copying and pasting, and inserting your own information.
Deleting and Editing Embedded Materials
You can delete embedded materials at any time by going to your course’s curriculum page, choosing a lecture, and clicking the red trash icon next to the text block containing your embedded content. You can also edit your embedded content by clicking the green Edit attachment icon.
Click OK to delete the embedded material.
Check out all of Teachable's integrations here.