This article goes over integrating MailChimp with your Teachable school.
MailChimp is an email marketing tool that allows you to build and manage large email lists. Teachable already includes an email client that allows you to send one-time emails to your entire group of students or a smaller, targeted subset, but you may want to use MailChimp to:
- Set up automatic emails
- Make sure students who sign up for your school are added to your email list
- Monitor and track email performance
- And more
Integrate MailChimp With Your School
- Log in to your Teachable school and select Settings at the bottom of the admin sidebar.
- Click Integrations from the submenu.
- Scroll down and find MailChimp in the list of integrations. Click the checkbox to enable MailChimp in your Teachable school.
- Once you’ve enabled MailChimp, you’ll see two empty text fields asking for a MailChimp API Key and a MailChimp Audience ID. To find those, open up a new window and log in to your MailChimp account.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to your username in the upper right corner of your MailChimp dashboard.
- Select Account from the dropdown list.
- Click Extras.
- Choose API keys from the dropdown list.
- Generate an API key to use on your Teachable page by clicking the Create a Key button.
- Scroll down and copy the API key that appears under the Your API keys heading.
- Go back to your Teachable school and paste the API key into the MailChimp API Key text field.
- To find your MailChimp List ID, travel back to your MailChimp dashboard and click Audience in the top navigation bar.
- Use the dropdown to choose the list that you want to subscribe your students to. (To learn how to make a list, visit this website).
- Use the dropdown and select Settings. Then click Audience name and defaults.
- Copy the Audience ID that appears in red.
- Return to your Teachable window and paste the ID into the MailChimp List ID text field.
- Click the Save button in the upper right corner.
Once the integration has been setup, every student who registers for your Teachable school will also be added to your Mailchimp. However, if a student opts out of your marketing emails upon registration, they will not be added to your Mailchimp list.