This article shows how you can send emails to users in your school.
Locating the Compose Area
- Log in to your Teachable school’s admin area.
- Click Emails in the admin sidebar.
- You will be automatically brought to the Compose area.
Using the Email Compose
- To: select your email recipient(s). You can send an email to an individual student, all those in a specific course, or all students in your school
- From: what sender name will appear in the recipient's inbox
- Subject: the email subject line
- Message: write your email message here
- Disable HTML Template: when selected, this will send the message as plain text and remove any additional HTML/CSS formatting.
When you’re finished filling out the information, you can then choose either Send Test Email (to send it to yourself) or Send Email. To later view emails you’ve sent out, go to Emails > History.
Understanding Student Email Opt In/Outs
Whenever a student creates an account on your school, they will have the option to opt in/out of instructional and promotional emails on the checkout page:
In order for Teachable and school owners to be GDPR compliant, students must have the ability to remove themselves from any mailing lists. As a result, any students who opts out of emails (i.e. leaves the I agree to receive instructional and promotional emails checkbox unchecked) will not receive any emails sent to them through Teachable.
If you have a student who would like to opt out of emails after they've made an account, they can do so by editing their profile information in Teachable. Similarly, this is where a student would go to once again opt into emails from their school.
You can see which students have opted in/out of receiving emails from your school by downloading a CSV of your users. To do so go to your Students page and click the Export CSV button, as shown below:
In the CSV file, the last column labeled "unsubscribe_from_marketing_emails" indicates who has opted in or out of receiving messages. If this value is "false", the user has not unsubscribed and will continue to receive emails. If the value is "true", they have opted out and will not receive any emails.