This article reviews how to turn on/off email notifications for automated emails sent to school admin and students.
Upon certain events, your school will automatically send emails to your students or admin users. For example, students receive automated email notifications if they receive a certificate for completing a course, if a payment fails for a subscription, etc. School admin users also receive certain email notifications when triggered by specific events—such as notification of new student enrollments, notification of cancelled subscriptions, etc.
There are two kinds of email notification preferences you can set:
- Set preferences for what emails you receive as a school admin user
- Set preferences for what kinds of automated email notifications your students receive
NOTE: Individual users in your school can also set their own email notification preferences for certain emails directly from their user profile.
Admin email notifications
School admin users can set preferences for the kinds of emails they receive related to school administration. To edit these email preferences:
- Click the Settings tab of your admin menu.
- Navigate to the Notifications tab.
- Toggle on/off the email notification setting to your preference.
From the Settings > Notifications page, each admin user can set their individual preferences for the following types of email notifications:
Primary owners, owners, authors, affiliates, and custom users can set their preferences for the following enrollment notifications:
- A new student joins the school
- A student enrolls in a paid product
- A student enrolls in a free product
Primary owners, owners, authors, and custom users can set their preferences for the following comment notifications:
- A new comment is posted that requires moderation
- A new comment is posted in one of your courses
- A new comment is posted in a thread you’ve commented on
- Someone replies to one of your comments
Primary owners and owners can set their preferences for the following subscription notifications:
- A subscription payment fails or a subscription is canceled due to non-payment
- A student cancels their subscription to one of your products
Student email notifications
Primary owners, owners, and custom users (who have the Send Emails permission) are able to set preferences for what kinds of automated email notifications students in the school receive.
To do so:
- Navigate to the Emails tab of the school admin menu.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Toggle on/off the email notification settings to your preference.
The following email notifications can be disabled, meaning that they will no longer automatically be sent to your students when triggered:
- Certificates of Completion - This email is sent to a student whenever they complete a course that has an active certificate of completion.
- Comments - This email is sent to a student whenever a lecture discussion they're part of has received a new comment.
- Drip Content - This email is sent to a student whenever they've been given access to a new lecture section via drip.
- Automatic Product Unenrollment Notification - This email is sent to students when their access expires to a product with a limited product access duration.
- Free Product Receipt - This email is sent to a users that enroll—or are enrolled—into a free product.
- Double Opt-In for Leads - This email is sent to leads when they fill out an Email Leads form on one of your school pages. Once they verify their email address, they will be added to your Users > Leads list.
- Email Users - Learn how to send emails to your students, and view email history for both custom and automated emails sent from your school
- Email Opt-in/Opt-out - Learn how users can opt-in or opt-out of school emails and identify which emails are affected by student opt-in status.
- Email Template Editor - Learn how to use the email template editor to customize and adjust the emails that are sent to your students
- Email Service Providers and Teachable - Learn how to integrate your school with a third-party email marketing service or platform.