This article shows how to integrate Segment, an analytics API, with your Teachable school.
Segment is an analytics API (Application Program Interface) that allows you to collect customer data and send it to any analytics or marketing services you use, including:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Pixel
- And many more
This means that instead of having to install a bunch of analytics integrations individually, you can install Segment, which will send information to those different integrations for you.
Segment has both free and paid plans. The free plan should be sufficient for your Teachable school.
Integrating Segment With Your Teachable School
- Log in to your Teachable school and select Settings at the bottom of the admin sidebar.
- Click Integrations from the submenu.
- Scroll down and find Segment in the list of integrations. Click the gray button to enable Segment in your Teachable school.
- Once you’ve enabled Segment, you’ll see an empty text field asking for a Segment API Key. To find this, open up a new window and log in to your Segment account.
- Set up your source and integrations within Segment by following the instructions on the Segment website.
- Find the Segment API Key for your Segment source by clicking on your Source, and choosing Settings from the navigation.
- Next, click API Keys.
- Copy the Write Key.
- Now, head back over to your Teachable admin area and paste the write key into the Segment API Key text field.
- Click Save in the upper right corner.