This shows how to add a Google Analytics tracking code to your Teachable School.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic, currently as a platform inside the Google Marketing Platform brand.
Google Analytics, while easy to implement, has advanced functionality. In order to take advantage of all Google Analytics has to offer, look into Google Analytics Academy.
Adding Google Analytics to Your School
- Create a new Google Analytics account if you do not have one yet for your school, or use an existing account. For help setting up your Google Analytics account, continue here.
- Inside Google Analytics, find your site tracking ID. IDs can be found on your analytics accounts home. They start off with UA- followed by a set of integers.
Alternatively, you can find the Tracking ID for a specific property by going to Admin > Property > Property Settings.
- Copy your Tracking ID.
- Log in to your Teachable admin area.
- Select Settings in the admin sidebar.
- Click Integrations in the submenu.
- Toggle Google Analytics to be on.
- Paste your Google Analytics ID inside the input field.
- Click Save in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Troubleshooting Google Analytics
There may be issues with tracking codes in Google Analytics, for example:
- The user has left the page before the transaction has had chance to send to Google Analytics
If more than 10% of transactions are missing from GA, then there is likely to be a bigger issue and this should be investigated by running a number of test transactions with a debugger like Fiddler to ensure the right data is sent to Google Analytics every time.”
For more on common issues with ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics, look here.
It has been reported that adblockers can cause issues with analytic tracking code in Google Analytics and other tools. There are ways you can address the issue -- most of which are more advanced and involve writing code. Learn more here.