This article shows you how to find individual student course reports on the Professional plan and higher. Student reports allow you to see which lectures and quizzes a student has completed.
Accessing a Student's Reports
- Log in to your Teachable admin area.
- Select a course you’d like to view from the admin sidebar or by selecting View All to see all courses.
- Inside the course, click Students.
- Upon clicking Students, you will be redirected to a new page of all students enrolled in the course. (You can also see all students in your entire school by going to the Users tab on your admin sidebar.)
- If you’d like to see a student’s reports, select their name from this list.
- Once you’re inside the student area, click Progress Reports from the submenu.
- If a student is enrolled in multiple courses, choose which course to view data from in the Select a course dropdown.
- After selecting a course, you will see the student’s quiz scores (if applicable) and which lectures they’ve completed so far inside a table, along with a Wistia video heatmap (more on that below).
Understanding Wistia Heatmaps
In the second box from the left (between the lecture title and quiz score boxes), you'll see a Wistia heatmap indicating which parts of a video has watched (in green), rewatched (in yellow), rewatched multiple times (in orange), or skipped (in white). If the student has not started any videos, this box will be blank.
A new heatmap will be created for each video watching session, so a single lecture can have multiple heatmaps. As you can see below, the user watched 2% of the video in their first session, 0% in their second, and 100% in their third--but they didn't rewatch any of the content during a single session, so there's no yellow or orange:
NOTE: Lecture completion is only recorded when students click Complete and continue in the upper right-hand area of lecture page. Clicking to the next lecture from the sidebar does not mark that lecture as completed.