After students purchase your course, the first thing they’ll see is your thank you page. This article shows you how to use the Thank You Page Editor to customize your thank you page with blocks and post purchase upsells.
Navigating to Your Thank You Page
To access your course’s Thank You Page Editor, follow these steps:
- Log into your Teachable school.
- Select a course from the admin sidebar, or click View All and find the course.
- Click Thank You Page in the course’s submenu.
Using Your Thank You Page Editor
At any time during the editing of your thank you page, you can:
- Reset the thank you page, which will remove all changes made and revert the page back to default settings. By default, a thank you page has a Purchase Confirmation block and a Proceed to Course block.
- Preview your thank you page, so you can see what your changes look like.
- Save your changes, so you don’t lose any of your updates.
Similar to a course sales page, the thank you page can be customized with a number of blocks that serve different purposes. For an explanation of what blocks are available, and their function, take a look at the Working With Blocks article.
However, there are 3 blocks that are available only on the thank you page. They are the Purchase Confirmation block, Proceed to Course block, and Upsell Offer block.
The Purchase Confirmation is what initially appears after a course purchase. You can use the text box to convey any message you’d like.
The Proceed to Course block allows you to customize where students are redirected after they purchase your course. By default, the button will redirect your student to the course. However, this can be changed by toggling Customize redirect URL. Once toggled, enter the URL you would like the button to lead to in the text field.
Use the Button Text field box to change the message that appears within the button.
After a student purchases a course, an Upsell Offer allows you to advertise any other courses you may have in your school. Additionally, students will be able to purchase additional courses straight from the thank you page.
To create an upsell offer, either add an Upsell Offer block to your thank you page, or convert an existing Proceed to Course block into an Upsell Offer.
To add an Upsell Offer block to your thank you page:
- Scroll down to the Suggested Blocks section, and click Upsell Offer to create the upsell offer block.
- Using the Course dropdown menu, select the course you want to advertise.
- Using the Pricing Plan dropdown menu, select the pricing plan you want to advertise.
- If you’d like to apply a coupon, you can do so by choosing the desired coupon in the Coupon dropdown menu.
- Toggling Customize Accept Offer Button allows you to change the button text.
- Toggling the Customize Decline Offer Button allows you to change the button text.
- Click Save.
To convert a proceed to course block to an upsell offer, click Convert to Upsell Offer.
You also have the option to add a video to your thank you page. This can be used to add in an advertisement for the course you are trying to sell.
To add a Video Embed block:
- Scroll down to the Suggested Blocks section, and click Video Embed. Afterwards, a video embed block will be created.
- In the Heading field, enter a tagline for the video.
- In the Description
- To add a video, click Add Video and choose your video using the file picker.
- Click Save.
Thank You Page Settings
- Toggling on/off Blank Template removes any school template code.
- Toggling on/off Show Navigation Bar determines whether or not your standard school navigation bar appears on the page.
- Toggling on Colored Navigation Bar will change the color of your navigation bar to whichever color you chose as the navigation bar background. Toggling it off will make your navigation bar transparent.
- Toggling on/off Show Footer determines whether or not your standard school footer appears on the page.
- Add Custom Head Code allows you to add code snippets for conversion tracking or other 3rd party integrations. Examples of snippets might be Google Analytics code or Facebook Pixel code.