This article shows how to change your Teachable subdomain. To learn how to change your school name to match, read Changing Your School Name.
When you create a free Teachable school, you can change the subdomain part of your Teachable site URL at any time. This means that the root domain of your school will remain teachable.com, but you can customize the subdomain part like this: http://yoursite.teachable.com.
Changing an Unverified Teachable Subdomain
To change your subdomain, follow these steps:
- Log into your Teachable school and travel to Site.
- Select Domains from the admin sidebar.
- Inside the Standard .teachable.com subdomain section, type in your desired subdomain. In this example, the full URL for our Teachable school will be “chemistry-101.teachable.com.”
TIP: Learn about setting up a custom domain here.
- Click Confirm Domain to save your subdomain name.
Changing a Verified Teachable Subdomain
If you’ve already verified a subdomain for your Teachable school, you’ll need to follow a different process, outlined below, to change the subdomain.
- On the top right of your screen, click New Domain.
- If you have a free plan, you’ll see this box, where you can type in your desired subdomain name and the .teachable.com extension will be added by default. Click Add Domain.If you have a paid plan, you’ll see this box, where you will do the same thing, but also need to manually type the .teachable.com extension. Click Add Domain.
- If you’d like this new subdomain to be your school’s primary identity, return to the Domains page and click Make Primary on that subdomain.
- If you’d like to keep your old subdomain as an alternate, you’re welcome to do so, or you can delete it by clicking the red trash icon.