This article shows how to integrate email service providers with your Teachable school.
Email Service Providers (ESPs) allow you to build and manage large email lists, create email campaigns, and monitor email performance. Teachable already allows you to send one-time emails to your students, but you may want to integrate an ESP with your Teachable school to promote your courses more effectively.
Integrating Your Email Service Provider Using Zapier
In order to integrate your chosen email service provider with Teachable, you must use the online service Zapier—learn more about Zapier here.
Most ESP integrations will follow a similar flow as shown in this example; follow along as we integrate Infusionsoft with Teachable:
- Integrate Zapier with your Teachable school by following the instructions here.
- After you’ve set up and tested your Teachable trigger, it’s time to start integrating Infusionsoft. Choose an Action App by typing “Infusionsoft” into the search bar.
- Select an Infusionsoft action. For this example, we’re going to Send Email to a student in our mailing list. Click Save + Continue.
- Now, select your Infusionsoft account by clicking Connect a New Account.
- Connect Zapier to your Infusionsoft account by entering your Infusionsoft email and password. Click Log In after entering your information.
- Click Allow to allow Zapier access to your Infusionsoft account.
- Follow the steps on Zapier to finish setting up your Infusionsoft action.
- Once you’ve set up your action, turn on your zap by naming it and clicking the gray button so that it changes from OFF to ON.
Adding an Email Service Provider Form on the Sales Page
Once you’ve integrated your ESP with your Teachable school, you can add a subscribe form to your course’s sales page. This is a great way to get more email signups.
- Choose your course from the admin sidebar and select Sales Page.
- Decide where you want to add the form on your sales page. In this example, we’re going to add it right below the course hero header.
- Hover over the gray intersection of the horizontal and vertical lines on the left side. Click the gray Insert new block button that appears.
- Choose the Other Blocks option and click Embedded Form. This creates a new embedded form block on your sales page.
- You can now choose from four different pre-filled embed codes: MailChimp, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, or GetResponse.
Note that each service's embedded form requires you to fill in some information within the code such as a form action URL (they will be usually denoted by all caps). You can get this information from your ESP; for more information/guidance reference your ESP's Knowledge Base.
- If desired, include a background image by clicking Add Background.
- Make sure to hit Save when you’re done. You can also Preview the form on your sales page before publishing it.
To add a subscribe form to your page using the new page editor, you'll have to create the form and get its HTML embed code. Most ESPs have their own way of creating this form and getting the code, so we recommend referencing your ESPs help guides.
Once you have the HTML embed code needed, follow these steps—we'll be using a Mailchimp signup form to demonstrate—to add the form to your page:
- On the page you'd like the add the form to, add a Custom HTML block.
- Paste the HTML code you've copied from your ESP.
- Click Publish.
Automating Email Unsubscriptions
If you've set up an integration with your email service provider, you can also set up an automation that will remove students who click on the unsubscribe link in your emails from both Teachable and your email service provider. This is an important aspect of GDPR compliance and we recommend setting this up to ensure that unsubscribe requests from Teachable are passed to your email service provider.
If you’ve integrated your email service provider using Zapier, then follow the steps in this article to automate student email unsubscriptions.