This article shows how to integrate email service providers with your Teachable school.
Email Service Providers (ESPs) are powerful marketing tools that offer ways to build and manage large email lists, create email campaigns, and monitor email performance. Teachable already allows you to send one-time emails to your students, but you may want to integrate an ESP with your Teachable school to promote your courses more effectively. Common ESPs you may want to use include:
- Mad Mimi
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
Integrating Your Email Service Provider Using Zapier
In order to integrate your chosen email service provider with Teachable, you must use the online service Zapier. You can learn more about Zapier here.
While we can’t show you every possible ESP integration, most will follow a similar flow as shown in this example. Follow along as we integrate Infusionsoft with Teachable:
- Integrate Zapier with your Teachable school by following the instructions here.
- After you’ve set up and tested your Teachable trigger, it’s time to start integrating Infusionsoft. Choose an Action App by typing “Infusionsoft” into the search bar.
- Select an Infusionsoft action. For this example, we’re going to Send Email to a student in our mailing list. Click Save + Continue.
- Now, select your Infusionsoft account by clicking Connect a New Account.
- Connect Zapier to your Infusionsoft account by entering your Infusionsoft email and password. Click Log In after entering your information.
- Click Allow to allow Zapier access to your Infusionsoft account.
- Follow the steps on Zapier to finish setting up your Infusionsoft action.
- Once you’ve set up your action, turn on your zap by naming it and clicking the gray button so that it changes from OFF to ON.
Adding an Email Service Provider Form on the Sales Page
Once you’ve integrated your ESP with your Teachable school, you can add a subscribe form to your course’s sales page. This is a great way to get more email signups.
- Choose your course from the admin sidebar and select Sales Page.
- Decide where you want to add the form on your sales page. In this example, we’re going to add it right below the course hero header.
- Hover over the gray intersection of the horizontal and vertical lines on the left side. Click the gray Insert new block button that appears.
- Choose the Other Blocks option and click Embedded Form. This creates a new embedded form block on your sales page.
- You can now choose from four different pre-filled embed codes: MailChimp, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, or GetResponse. Choose your tool and fill in information within the HTML that automatically appears in the text editor. If you used a different email service provider, you can copy and paste your own embed code here as well.
- Finally, include a background image by clicking Add Background.
- Make sure to hit Save when you’re done. You can also Preview the form on your sales page before publishing it.