This article shows school owners on the High Volume and Enterprise plans how to import students into your Teachable school using the bulk student importer.
Finding the Bulk Student Importer
- Log into your Teachable school.
- Select Users from the admin sidebar.
- Click Import Students in the upper right corner.
- To import students in bulk, click Choose File.
- Now, upload the CSV file with your students’ information in the following format:
NOTE: If you import a student without a password, the student will receive an email to confirm their account and set up a password. If a password is added in the CSV file, the student will not receive an email and the account will be confirmed and created automatically.
- You can also choose to manually import students one at a time by using the Manual Import option and adding a student’s name, email, and password.
NOTE: Similar to the CSV method above, a password is not required when manually importing students. If no password is provided, the student will receive an email to confirm their account.
- Click + Add Another Student to manually import more students.
- After you’ve uploaded your CSV file or added students manually, you can choose to enroll them in one of your courses, apply a coupon code, or leave both text fields blank to import your students as users.
- Click Import Students.
A notification will appear in the lower right-hand corner letting you know that your students are being imported.