This article shows how you can add closed captions, also known as subtitles, to your Teachable lecture videos. Owners and authors can upload video captions.
- Log into your Teachable school.
- Navigate to the course you want to add video subtitles to.
- Select Curriculum from the admin sidebar.
- Choose the lecture you’d like to add video captions to.
- After you’ve uploaded a video lecture, click the green document icon on the right side of the video lecture block.
- Choose the language for your captions from the dropdown menu and upload a .srt file.
- A notification saying "Captions uploaded." will appear on the lower right-hand side of the screen, showing that your video captions have been successfully added.
NOTE: If you try to upload malformed .srt files or more than one caption for a given language, an error message will appear.
- You can edit or delete your .srt captions at any time by clicking the green document icon again and clicking Replace or the red trash icon.