This article shows you how to set up the Teachable payment gateway for your school.
By default, payments are processed using Teachable’s payment gateway unless custom payment gateways are set up. If you use Teachable’s payment gateway, we handle all payment processing and distribute payouts.
Payouts are distributed to owners, authors, and affiliates on the 1st of each month unless that falls on a weekend or holiday. Note that due to Teachable’s 30-day refund policy, we must hold funds for at least 30 days before releasing them to you. For example, if you make a sale on June 15th, you’ll be paid for it on August 1 (or the next closest business day).
Additionally, when you use Teachable’s gateway, we will automatically deduct a transaction fee (2.9% + 30 cents), as well as author payments, affiliate commissions, etc. before issuing payment.
NOTE:Teachable only distributes payouts via PayPal. To receive payouts, you must input your PayPal email address.
If you’re not sure what payment gateway to set up, see this article for more information.
Setting up the Teachable Payment Gateway
To receive payouts from Teachable, complete this process:
- Log into your Teachable school
- Click Settings in the admin sidebar and navigate to the Payouts section.
- Select the Teachable Payment Gateway in the Payout Collection Methods section:
- Enter your email address in the Teachable Payouts section:
- Click Save.
- A notification will appear on the bottom right-hand side of your screen letting you know changes have been saved.