This article goes over automated student email notifications, and which ones school owners have the option to disable.
Upon certain events, your school will automatically send emails to your students. Some of these emails—such as purchase notifications, failed payment notifications, etc.—cannot be disabled. However, other automated student email notifications can be disabled. This may be useful if you'd like to use a third-party email service provider to run your emails.
To get to your school's student email notifications, log in to your school and go to Emails. Then click Settings in the lefthand sidebar.
Student Email Notifications
The following email notifications can be disabled, meaning that they will no longer automatically be sent to your students when triggered:
- Certificates of Completion - This email is sent to a student whenever they complete a course that has an active certificate of completion.
- Comments - This email is sent to a student whenever a lecture discussion they're part of has received a new comment.
- Drip Content - This email is sent to a student whenever they've been given access to a new lecture section via drip.
- Confirmation Instructions - This email is sent to students when they need to confirm their accounts—this may happen if you import users manually. Please note that if you disable this email notification and plan to manually enroll students (e.g. bulk uploading, setting up Zapier triggers, etc.), you will need to set a password for your students. Otherwise, they will be unable to access their accounts.
- Upcoming Subscription Reminder - If a student has purchased a biannual or annual subscription, this email is sent to them seven days before their subscription is set to renew.
- Free Product Receipt - This email is sent to a users that enroll—or are enrolled—into a free course.
To edit the templates for these email notifications, please see this Knowledge Base article.