This article covers how to embed a Circle community space into your school’s lecture.
When you create a Circle community for use with Teachable, you create spaces for your followers to engage each other. Each space is typically dedicated to a particular theme, such as “house rules”, or “tips and tricks”. You can have many spaces within a Circle community. You can embed spaces within your community into a school’s lecture for more interactivity. Below are the steps to add a community space to your Teachable lecture.
Connect your Circle community space to Teachable
To embed a Circle community space into one of your lectures, do the following:
- Log in to your circle.so community.
- Log in to your Teachable admin.
- In Circle, go to Settings > Embed and scroll down to Space widget:
- Copy the code in the Space widget.
- Go back to your Teachable admin and go to Courses.
- Click on a course you’d like to add a community space to, and then click Curriculum:
- In the lecture editor you have two options; you can add your Circle space to an existing lecture, or you can add it to a new lecture. The steps are similar, so this walkthrough will add to an existing lecture.
- Click the lecture you’d like to add your community space to, then choose Add Custom Code from the sidebar at left.
- In the Custom code box, paste the code you copied in step 4. Click Add custom code.
Next, you need to get the space slug from Circle. A space slug is the name of the space you created in Circle that gets appended to the space’s URL. This helps Teachable find the community space you want to share in your lecture.
For example, if you called your space “homebase”, the URL would look like https://your-school-name.circle.so/c/homebase.
- Go back to Circle and click on your community icon in the top left corner. Next to the Spaces menu option, click the ellipse … and choose Edit space group.
- In the Visibility section, find the Custom URL slug and copy the name.
- Go back to the Teachable Admin and in the Custom code box, find [SPACE_SLUG_GOES_HERE] and replace with the custom URL slug you copied in the previous step. Only replace the [SPACE_SLUG_GOES_HERE] section of the code.
- Click Add custom code, then click the Preview button. Your community is now embedded in the lecture you chose.
Connecting multiple community spaces
If you have more than one community space, you can find the Custom URL slug for the space you want to embed by doing the following:
- Go to your community home page in Circle (by clicking the icon in the top left corner).
- Click on the space you want to embed.
- Click the Settings icon and choose Edit space.
- Look for the Custom URL slug and copy it.
- Go back to the Teachable admin. Paste the name into the Custom code box as you did in step 12 above. Make sure you’re in the lecture you want to add the community space to.
- Click Save and Preview.