This article goes over integrating ConvertKit with your Teachable school.
ConvertKit is an email marketing tool used by bloggers, authors and online entrepreneurs. You can use ConvertKit to create:
- Opt-in forms
- Landing pages
- Email courses
- Automated emails
- And more
ConvertKit only has paid plans, with the price based on the number of subscribers you have.
When you sync your Teachable school with your ConvertKit account, every time someone enrolls in any of your Teachable courses, they are added to your ConvertKit account. You can also have any leads collected through an email leads form added to your ConvertKit account.
You can use the Automations feature on ConvertKit to automate any kind of action around that. For example, when someone enrolls in your course on Teachable, you can remove them from an autoresponder sequence on ConvertKit, you can tag them a certain way, or you can enroll them in a different sequence.
NOTE: In order to set up this integration with a Teachable course, the course must be published.
Integrate ConvertKit With Your School
- Log in to your ConvertKit account.
- Click your account name in the top-right corner and click Account Settings.
- On the Account Info page, copy the API Key.
- Now, log in to your Teachable school and go to Settings.
- Click Integrations from the submenu and toggle on the ConvertKit integration.
- In the ConvertKit Public API Key field, enter the API Key you copied from ConvertKit in step 3.
- Return to your ConvertKit account settings and click Show in the API Secret field. Copy the API Secret.
- Return to your Teachable Settings > Integrations page and paste the API Secret in the ConvertKit API Secret field.
- Click the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
The ConvertKit Form ID field is optional, and only needed if you would like to add leads collected via an email lead form to your ConvertKit account. For more information on how to set this up, please refer to this Knowledge Base article.
After setting up your API Key and API Secret in Teachable, we recommend confirming that the integration was correctly set up on ConvertKit’s end. To do so:
- From your ConvertKit account, navigate to the Automations > Integrations page and click the Teachable logo.
- If you see your default Teachable subdomain listed in the Teachable Site Domain field, the integration is already connected. If not, you can enter in your default Teachable subdomain and click Next to confirm the integration.
Using ConvertKit With Teachable
Now that you have the ConvertKit integration set up, you can begin to configure triggers and actions. Please note that actions in ConvertKit may take some time to trigger (approximately 5 minutes).
TIP: A Teachable product will only display in the Visual Automations section of ConvertKit after it has been purchased on Teachable. You may wish to do a test purchase for each product before setting this up.
- Head over to your Automations tab on ConvertKit and Rules. On the subsequent page, click the Add Rule button.
- Choose Purchases a product from the Trigger category on the left side.
- From the dropdown list, select Purchases on Teachable.
- Choose the course and pricing option you want to set a trigger for. Each pricing option you have created will be listed here by the Name of the pricing option.
- You can now choose an action, such as subscribing a user, unsubscribing a user, adding or removing a tag, and more. In this example, we’re subscribing a user to a sequence.
- Click Save Rule when you’ve set up the trigger and an action.
For more help using ConvertKit with Teachable, check out this ConvertKit troubleshooting resource.