This article goes over the different types of plans for your school, and how you can change them. For more information about Teachable plans and pricing, visit our pricing page.
There are 5 types of school plans on Teachable:
Upgrade your plan
To upgrade your plan:
- Navigate to your Settings > Plan tab.
- Click the Upgrade button for the plan you would like to upgrade to.
- In the popup billing window, confirm your billing address, shipping address, and payment method. If you need to edit any of these details, click the Edit button.
- Click the purchase button to confirm and process the payment.
NOTE: If you upgrade to a more expensive plan, we’ll take into account what you’ve already paid from your previous plan and credit it towards your purchase. You can see the amount you were credited in the "Applied Credit" section of your email receipt. Your new plan will start once you upgrade.
Downgrade your plan
Just as you can upgrade at any time, you can also downgrade your plan. You can downgrade to a lower pricing plan, or you can cancel your paid plan. By downgrading, you will lose access to certain features you had on your higher paid plan.
To downgrade to a lower-tier plan:
- Navigate to your Settings > Billing tab. Click the Change plan button
- Click the Downgrade button under the plan you would like to change to - otherwise, click the Cancel Plan button to cancel.
- A popup will appear. Follow the prompts to complete the downgrade process.
NOTE: If you downgrade to a lower-tier plan, your new plan will not start until the end of your current billing cycle. For questions or concerns, please log in and contact Teachable Support.
Annual vs. monthly
All paid plans come with the option of being billed monthly or annually. To change between monthly and annual billing options, use the toggle above the plan summaries to view the monthly and annual options.
If you would like to switch from monthly billing to annual billing, click the Switch to annual button under your current plan’s annual tab. If you would like to switch from annual billing to monthly billing, click the Switch to monthly button under your current plan’s monthly tab.
Annual plan pricing will display the monthly cost and the total billed annually. The total billed annually reflects what you will see at checkout.
NOTE: If you switch from monthly to annual billing for the same plan, you will be charged immediately and your new billing cycle will start on the day you change. We’ll take into account what you’ve already paid from your current month and credit it towards your purchase.
If you switch from annual to monthly billing for the same plan, your monthly billing will not start until the end of your current annual plan. For questions or concerns, please log in and contact Teachable Support.
Apply a coupon
Apply a coupon when upgrading:
- Navigate to the Settings > Plan page.
- Click the Upgrade button for the plan you are upgrading to. A billing popup window will open up.
- If you haven't yet filled out your address or payment method information, you will be prompted to do so. Otherwise, you will see the payment confirmation details. Click the Apply coupon link on this window:
- Enter in your coupon code in the coupon field.
- Click the confirmation button at the bottom of the payment window to confirm your plan change and payment.
Apply a coupon to your current plan:
- Navigate to the Settings > Billing page.
- Under Your Current Plan, click the Apply Coupon button.
- In the popup window, add your coupon code in the coupon field.
- Click Update Subscription to confirm.
Coupons that are applied to your current plan will automatically be applied at the next billing date.