This article explains how to cancel your paid Teachable school and what happens to schools and students when you cancel.
Overview/Before you cancel
If you decide to cancel your paid school plan, you will be placed on the Free plan. At that time, you will still have access to your entire school, your students will still be subscribed to any products they’ve purchased, and you can continue selling your products. There will be limits to the features you have access to, outlined in “What creators can access after they cancel” below.
Please note that only the Primary Owner of a school can cancel the school plan.
Cancel your school plan
Before following these steps, you must delete any custom domains you have and make your Teachable domain the primary. This section of the Custom Domains article explains how to do that. Return here when you've completed those steps.
To cancel a school plan, do the following:
- Make sure you've deleted any custom domains and set your Teachable domain as primary.
- Navigate to your school’s Plan page by clicking Settings > Plan.
- Under your current plan, click the Cancel Plan text link.
- You will be shown a screen describing the features you will lose by canceling. Click Cancel Plan. Your school plan is now canceled.
If you do not see a Cancel Plan button under your current plan, it is possible that you already cancelled your plan. If this is the case, you should see a banner towards the top of your Settings > Plan page that indicates the date your plan will end.
If you have any issues with cancelling your plan, please review our troubleshooting steps in this Knowledge Base article.
If you would like to delete your school, please review the steps in this Knowledge Base article.
What creators can access after they cancel
Once you cancel your paid plan:
- You will lose access to paid plan features. This page shows the features available to each plan.
- You will still be able to access and edit all your content when you downgrade your plan.
- In all cases, any existing enrolled students will still be able to access their course materials.
If you re-upgrade to a paid plan, you will regain access to the above features.