This article goes over how you can edit your user profile. It reviews how to edit your name, email address, password, profile image, and notification settings.
For information on how to edit your billing or subscriptions as a student or coaching client, please review this Knowledge Base article.
If you are a user enrolled in a school powered by Teachable, there are two types of accounts:
- myTeachable Accounts - myTeachable accounts are centralized accounts that allow you to log in to any myTeachable-enabled school using the same credentials. You can use a singular myTeachable account to enroll in as many courses as you'd like, and be able to access them from your myTeachable login page.
- Non-myTeachable Accounts (School Accounts) - Some school owners choose to disable myTeachable for their schools. In that case, you will not be able to use your myTeachable for that school—instead you'll have to create a separate school account with its own set of login credentials.
The instructions for how to edit various profile settings will differ slightly, depending on whether or not you are using a myTeachable account in the school. Each section in this article will outline the process for both myTeachable and non-myTeachable accounts
To navigate to your profile, log in to the school you're enrolled in. Then, click your icon located in the top-right corner of any page. From there, you can select which page of your profile settings you would like to go to (Edit Profile, Manage Subscriptions, Add/Change Credit Card or Contact).
If the school is myTeachable-enabled, you will see the myTeachable icon on the Edit Profile page. If the school is not myTeachachable-enabled, there will be no myTeachable icon.
NOTE: It is possible that you are enrolled in a myTeachable school but have not yet connected your individual account to a myTeachable account. You can connect/disconnect your user account from a myTeachable account at any time. For more information on this, please see this Knowledge Base article.
Edit name, email address, or password
To edit your name, email address, or password, click the Edit Profile menu option from your profile icon in the top right corner of a school page.
To edit your name, email address, or password, click the Edit Profile button seen next to your name and email.
This will reload the page to your myTeachable dashboard. From the Settings tab of your myTeachable dashboard, you can edit your myTeachable account's Name, Email Address and Password.
To edit your name, email address, or password, enter in your new information in the relevant field(s). Then, enter in your current password in the bottom field to confirm, and click Save Changes. Passwords must be at least 6 characters in length.
TIP: To update your email address, after you click Save Changes you will be required to confirm the change via an email notification. If you do not receive the confirmation email, click the Resend link from the top yellow banner that appears after you change your email.
To edit your name or email address, put your new information in the relevant Full Name or Email Address field. Then, enter in your current password into the Password and Confirm Password fields. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
To edit your password, put your new password in both the Password and Confirm Password fields. Passwords must be at least 6 characters in length. Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Add or edit a profile image
To update your profile image, you will need to create and/or update your profile image through a third-party service, Gravatar. This process is the same for both myTeachable and non-myTeachable schools.
In order to add a profile image to your Teachable user profile, you must sign up for Gravatar using the same email address associated with your Teachable account. As long as your Gravatar account is with the same email address, your Gravatar image will automatically populate and you will not need to complete any further steps.
NOTE: In order for Gravatar images to appear on Teachable, your image must have a G-rating in your Gravatar image settings. For more information on this, please see Gravatar’s documentation.
Edit notification preferences
Notification preferences are managed at the bottom of the Edit Profile page. This process is the same for both myTeachable and non-myTeachable schools.
Using the checkboxes, you can choose to opt in/out of emails in the following categories:
- Notify me when someone responds to my comments - receive an email notification when another user in a course responds directly to a lecture comment you have made.
- Notify me when someone comments on a discussion I've commented in - receive an email notification when another user in a course comments on a thread you have also commented on
- I agree to receive instructional and promotional emails from [School Name] - receive emails directly from your school owner and/or course instructor(s). These emails can be instructional or promotional in nature. This setting is initially determined on the product checkout page.
The Contact tab is used to email your school owner if you have any questions, comments, etc. For more information on the contact form, take a look at this article.