This article goes over how you can edit your user profile. It reviews how to edit your name, email address, password, profile image, and notification settings.
For information on how to edit your billing or subscriptions as a student or coaching client, please review this Knowledge Base article.
If you are a user enrolled in a school powered by Teachable, there are two types of accounts:
- Teachable Accounts - Teachable Accounts are centralized accounts that allow you to log in to any Teachable-Accounts-enabled school using the same credentials. You can use a singular Teachable account to enroll in as many courses as you'd like, and be able to access them from your Teachable Accounts login page.
- Non-Teachable Accounts (School Accounts) - Some school owners choose to disable Teachable Accounts for their schools. In that case, you will not be able to use your Teachable account for that school—instead you'll have to create a separate school account with its own set of login credentials.
The process for updating a user profile is the same, regardless of user account.
Edit name, email address, or password
To navigate to your profile, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the school you're enrolled in.
- Click your icon located in the top-right corner of any page.
- From there, you can select which page of your profile settings you would like to go to (Edit Profile, Manage Subscriptions, Add/Change Credit Card or Contact).
If the school is Teachable-Accounts-enabled, you will see the word "Linked" in the Linked Accounts section of the Edit Profile page. If the school is not Teachable-Accounts-enabled, you will see the words "Not Linked".
NOTE: It is possible that you are enrolled in a Teachable school but have not yet connected your individual account to a Teachable account. Learn more about how you can connect/disconnect your user account from a Teachable account at any time.
To edit your Full Name, Email address, or Password:
- Click the Edit/Change link next to the item you wish to update. This will bring up a modal where you can input your new information.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Passwords must be at least 6 characters in length.
Add or edit a profile image
To update your profile image, you will need to create and/or update your profile image through a third-party service, Gravatar. This process is the same for both Teachable Accounts and non-Teachable-Accounts schools.
In order to add a profile image to your Teachable user profile, you must sign up for Gravatar using the same email address associated with your Teachable account. As long as your Gravatar account is with the same email address, your Gravatar image will automatically populate and you will not need to complete any further steps.
NOTE: In order for Gravatar images to appear on Teachable, your image must have a G-rating in your Gravatar image settings. For more information on this, please see Gravatar’s documentation.
Edit notification preferences
Notification preferences are managed at the bottom of the Edit Profile page. This process is the same for both Teachable Accounts and non-Teachable-Accounts schools.
Using the checkboxes, you can choose to opt in/out of emails in the following categories:
- Email me when someone responds to my comments - receive an email notification when another user in a course responds directly to a lecture comment you have made.
- Email me when someone comments on a discussion I've commented in - receive an email notification when another user in a course comments on a thread you have also commented on
- Receive instructional and promotional emails from [School Name] - receive emails directly from your school owner and/or course instructor(s). These emails can be instructional or promotional in nature. This setting is initially determined on the product checkout page.
The Contact tab is used to email your school owner if you have any questions, comments, etc. For more information on the contact form, take a look at this article.