This article goes over enrolling a student in your course. There are two ways school owners can accomplish this: by enrolling an existing user in a course, or by manually adding a student to your school and then a course.
Option 1: Enroll an Existing User
If your student already has an account, you can manually enroll them in any course that they're not already taking:
- Go to Users, and then click Students in the Users sidebar.
- Select a user from the list.
- Click Enrollment from the user submenu.
- Go to the Enroll In Course section.
- Use the dropdown menu to select which course to enroll the user in.
- Click Enroll.
A notification will appear in the lower right-hand corner letting you know that changes have been saved. Now the user will be able to access whatever course you’ve enrolled them in.
Alternatively, you can bulk enroll existing students into a course using bulk actions. For more information, take a look at this article on bulk actions.
Option 2: Enrolling a New User
If student does not already have an account on your school, you can manually add them to your school, and then enroll them in a course. For more information on adding students to your school, take a look at this article on Adding Users to Your School.
Unenroll a Student From Your Course
To unenroll a student from your course, follow the steps outlined below—note that if you're looking to refund a student, you must do that manually:
- On your admin page, go to Users and then Students.
- Select the user you would like to unenroll.
- Click Enrollments from the sidebar.
- Click the menu icon and then click Unenroll.
If a student is enrolled in a subscription or payment plan, unenrolling the student from the course will also end their active subscription. If you'd like to cancel the subscription or payment plan of a student, but keep them enrolled in your course:
- Select the user.
- Click Purchases.
- In the Active Subscriptions section, find the relevant subscription or pricing plan.
- Click the End Subscription button (denoted by a red trash can icon).
From there, you'll have the option to unsubscribe the student and unenroll, or just end the subscription. If the student is unsubscribed and unenrolled, they will no longer be able to view the course content. However, if the student is just unsubscribed, they will be taken off the payment plan, but still be able to view the course content.
NOTE: If a student cancels their subscription on their own, then they'll automatically be unenrolled after their current billing cycle ends. If a student's credit/debit card fails for a recurring payment (e.g. payments for subscription or payment plans), then their payment will be re-tried on the